A reported break and enter leads to a collision and a high speed chase in Barrie.
20 year old man is in custody; it all started with the reported break and enter early Tuesday morning from a residence on Pinecliff Crescent.
The man and woman made off with two vehicles and some personal property.
Wednesday night an officer spotted one of the vehicles in question on Essa Road.
The chase started on Essa Road towards Highway 400.
Police then spotted a collision at the intersection of Bryne Drive and Essa Road.
The stolen vehicle was located abandoned a short time after the crash.
With the assistance of the Canine Unit, police apprehended the man while the woman remains outstanding.
The charges against the 20 year old include:
- Flight from Police
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
- Failure to Stop at the Scene of an Accident
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5000
- Two counts of Fail to Comply with Recognizance
- Two counts of Fail to Comply with Probation
There were no injuries reported in the collision.