Clearview addresses a zoning by-law for farmers and local agricultural businesses.
The town says the “Housekeeping By-law” will eliminate the restriction on the number and the maximum area of accessory farm buildings in the rural zone.
Clearview officials say the by-law doesn’t eliminate or change the uses permitted in the agricultural, rural or development area zones, in particular, farm wineries or cideries are still permitted in these zones.
Other Notes about the By-Law
- An accessory farm produce sales outlet is a permitted use in the agricultural and rural zones
- Equestrian facilities is a primary permitted use in the agricultural and rural zones
- Improving the definition of wineries and cideries, to ensure that the use permits the public to visit wineries and cideries to sample their products
- Breweries remain as industrial uses, allowed as-of-right only in the industrial zone
- Any proposed brewery in an agricultural, rural or development zone will require an amendment to the Township’s comprehensive zoning by-law
For further information on the Housekeeping By-law, click here