Lakehead University graduated 420 students with over 241 of them walking across the stage in front of family, friends and faculty during the Orillia campus’s convocation ceremonies.
“Our graduates have accomplished so much here at Lakehead Orillia, and we are confident that their efforts, going forward, will make our world a better place. Whether they’ve earned a professional degree in Education, Business Administration, Interdisciplinary Studies, Social Work, or Science, their studies at Lakehead have also prepared them to navigate the rapidly-shifting economic and political uncertainties of tomorrow.”Dr. Moira McPherson, President and Vice-Chancellor, Lakehead University
Lakehead University also bestowed honorary awards to a pair of individuals for their contribution to the university and community.
Charles Pachter received a Doctor of Fine Arts, and Mark Douglas was presented with the Civitas Award.
The university also presented three awards to students during the ceremony.
- Lloyd Dennis Award for Outstanding Citizenship (Orillia): Tristen Taylor
- The William A. West Scholar Awards for Education (Primary-Junior): Crystal Jones
- Dean’s Scholar Awards for Science and Environmental Studies (Sustainability Studies): David Khorsand
- Dean’s Scholar Awards for Science and Environmental Studies (Anthropology): Annaliese Eber
- Dean’s Scholar Awards for Social Sciences and Humanities (English): Zoe Dhillon
- Dean’s Scholar Awards for Social Sciences and Humanities (Interdisciplinary Studies): Megan Gramigna