UPDATE: Careless smoking to blame for Gravenhurst fire

Woman suffered burns and smoke inhalation

Monday

Careless use of smoking materials gets the blame for a $75,000 house fire Saturday in Gravenhurst.

Investigators say the fire started in the living room of the Houseys Rapids Road home, burning through the floor of the two-storey home.

A 32-year-old woman was taken to hospital for treatment of burns and smoke inhalation. Three cats perished in the blaze.

Sunday

A rescue from a fire in Gravenhurst.

Initial crews were able to pull a woman from the flames at a structure fire on Houseys Rapids Road Saturday.

Smoke was seen from a two storey dwelling.

The woman remains in hospital, there’s no known cause of the fire as of yet.