Busy day on North Simcoe roads for the Ontario Provincial Police.
A 34 year old North York man was stopped Thursday night on Highway 93 south of Wyebridge in Tiny Township.
He faces charges of:
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
- Speeding 50+ Km/h over posted limit
- Race a motor vehicle – Excessive Speed
- Driving motor vehicle with liquor readily available
- Novice driver – B.A.C. above zero contrary to the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario
Earlier in the day an officer patrolling King Street in Midland stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation and further investigation resulted in charges against a 43 year old from Pickering
- Driving while under suspension
- Possess licence while prohibited
- Fail to have insurance card