Your main takeaway today:
-Thursday’s per cent positivity rate is at its lowest since September 25
Provincial COVID-19 numbers as per Public Health Ontario, updated daily by 11 a.m.
- New cases reported Thursday: 296 (543,315 to date)
- New recoveries reported Thursday: 384 (531,278 to date)
- New deaths reported Thursday: 6 (9,099 to date)
- Number of patients hospitalized as of Thursday: 284 (11 fewer than the day prior)
- Number of patients in ICU as of Thursday: 300 (5 fewer than the day prior)
- Vaccine doses administered by Wednesday at 8 p.m.: 225,188 (13,321,816 total doses administered, 3,542,439 people fully vaccinated)
- Number of new tests processed by Wednesday: 29,514
- Per cent positivity: 1.1
Local COVID-19 numbers as per the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, updated Monday to Friday by 3 p.m.
- Number of new cases reported Wednesday: 9 (12,233 to date)
- Number of new variant-of-concern* (VOC) cases reported Wednesday: 16 (Current active variant cases: 72)
- Number of active COVID-19 cases as of Wednesday: 110
- Number of new recoveries Wednesday: 5 (11,453 to date)
- Number of deaths reported Wednesday: 0 (249 to date)
- Number of people currently hospitalized due to COVID-19: 14
- Number of people who have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine: 385,485 (63.8 per cent of the population)
- Number of people who have received their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine: 113,112 (18.7 per cent of the population)
*Variants of concern are derived from prior positive COVID-19 tests; the health unit rescreens prior positive test samples for a VOC, thus VOCs are not on top of new COVID-19 cases but a subset of them.
- Tests run in Simcoe County last week: 109 per 100,000 people
- Simcoe County percent positivity^: 3.9 per cent
- Tests run in Muskoka District last week: 51 per 100,000 people
- Muskoka District percent positivity^: 1.8 per cent
^Percent positivity is the percentage of positive tests among all tests run, and the goal is to get that number below 1.0 percent.