Your main takeaway today:
-Ontario set a new one-day record of vaccines administered, with 27398 doses reported yesterday, beating the previous record of 24,399 set on February 27
-With Wednesday’s death toll addition, Ontario has surpassed 7,000 people dead since the pandemic began
Provincial COVID-19 numbers as per Public Health Ontario, updated daily by 11 a.m.
- Number of cases reported Wednesday: 958 (303,763 to date)
- Number of recoveries reported Wednesday: 1,090 (286,352 to date)
- Number of deaths reported Wednesday: 17 (7,014 to date)
- Number of vaccine doses administered by Tuesday at 8 p.m.: 27,398 (754,419 total doses administered, 266,710 people fully vaccinated)
- Number of patients hospitalized as of Wednesday: 668
- Number of patients in ICU as of Wednesday: 274 (188 on a ventilator)
- Number of new tests processed by Wednesday: 52,613
- Percent positivity: 2.4 percent
Local COVID-19 numbers as per the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, updated Monday to Friday by 3 p.m.
- Number of new cases reported Tuesday: 32 (6,525 to date)
- Number of variant cases reported Tuesday: 1 (191 to date)
- Number of active cases as of Tuesday: 468
- Number of new recoveries Tuesday: 73 (5,816 to date)
- Number of deaths reported Tuesday: 0 (189 to date)
- Number of vaccines administered Monday: 1,648 (43,439 to date)
- Number of people currently hospitalized due to COVID-19: 18
- Tests run in Simcoe County last week: 221 per 100,000 people
- Tests run in Muskoka District last week: 83 per 100,000 people
- Percent positivity: 2.2 percent
There were 29 outbreaks being reported in the region as of March 2, the most recent of which is Woods Park Care Centre in Barrie, declared February 28. Below is a summary of those outbreaks that can be publicly reported. Names of congregate settings and workplaces are not made public by the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit.