South Simcoe Police want you to be cautious after a pair of break and enters in Bradford.
Both happened Tuesday; the first one between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. at a home in the Langford Boulevard and Holland Street West area.
The second one occurred sometime between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at another home nearby.
The suspect or suspects took mainly cash and jewelry.
Anyone with information is asked to call (905) 775-3311, (705) 436-2141
extension 1036 or contact Crime Stoppers.
- Install a good deadbolt lock
- If you have children consider including a second peep-hole at a child’s height
- All hinges should be accessible from the interior of the home only
- Ensure your door is equipped with non-removable hinge pins
- Most doors are installed with screws less than 1″ in length
- Sliding doors and windows can be “lifted” out of the tracks with relative ease. Installing screws or a blocking device above the sliding door or window will help to prevent it from being lifted off the tracks
- Install a snug piece of wood in the track of sliding patio doors
- Install a pin into the frame of a sliding window to prevent it from being pushed open
- Glass within 40 inches of a door lock can be broken and a criminal can reach inside to unlock the door
If a crime has occurred…
- DO NOT enter your home – the criminal may still be inside
- Use a neighbours phone to call the police
- TRY NOT to touch anything or clean up until the police have inspected for evidence
- Note the licence plate and descriptors of any suspicious vehicle(s) or person(s) and the direction of travel, if known