Barrie City Hall is touting its online permit system ahead of a spate of home reno workshops in town.
The City is holding a series of drop-in sessions at a variety of home improvement stores in the city. Stations will be set up at each session designed to walk home owners through the permit process on a variety of common renovation projects like decks, sheds, pools and secondary suites.
The sessions expect to educate on the entire process, including how to complete a permit application online through the City’s APLI (applications, permits, licenses, and inspections) service; the portal provides 24/7 access to apply and pay for building permits, and you need not even put on pants to do it.
The reno workshops take place at the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, April 24, 10am-2pm: Lowe’s, 71 Byrne Drive
- Friday, April 26, 10am-2-pm: RONA Home & Garden, 61 Mapleview Drive, East
- Monday, April 29, 9am-1pm: Home Depot, 10 Barrie View Drive
- Saturday, May 11,11am-2pm: United Lumber Home Hardware, 520 Bayfield Street
- Friday, May 24, 9am-1pm: Simcoe Building Centre, 140 Ferndale Drive, North
Details including renovation guidebooks for decks, sheds, pools and second suites are available at barrie.ca/renovations.