Nottawasaga OPP laid several charges after an investigation that started in the area of a local fast-food restaurant in Alliston.
On Saturday just after 2:00 a.m., officers received a call for a possible impaired driver who was waving a knife in the parking lot.
Police say no injuries were sustained.
Officers later located the vehicle in the area of 10th Sideroad in Alliston.
A 33-year-old from New Tecumseth has been charged with:
- Operation While Impaired – Alcohol or Drugs
- Operation While Impaired – Blood Alcohol Concentration (80 plus)
- Possession of Prohibited Device or Ammunition for Dangerous Purpose
- Carry Concealed Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Unauthorized Possession of Weapon
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance – Cocaine
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance – Other Drugs
The accused was later released on an undertaking to appear in Bradford court in November.
Banner image – file photo – Barrie 360