Barrie residents might be able to get hitched at City Hall soon, but by appointment only.
City Hall announced today residents are now able to book appointments for in-person services. As of July 13, Barrie residents can book an appointment with Service Barrie, the City’s customer service desk on the first floor of City Hall. Appointments can be booked in advance by calling Service Barrie at (705)726-4242 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday to Friday.
The following services will be available by appointment as of Monday:
- Marriage licenses (Barrie residents only)
- Burial permits
- Freedom of Information payments and pickup of documents
- Payments for records requests, tax certificates and compliance letters
- Tax receipts
- Pickup/drop off of engineering drawings
- Sewer Lateral Backup Program requests
- Payment and submission of business licenses and renewals
- Debit purchases of waterfront parking passes
- Building permit payments
- ROWA permit payments
- Purchase of garbage bag tags
- Purchase of Barrie Transit passes
- Commissioning only of City documents and vital statistics
- Tax/Water payments (if unable to use online options)
Those with appointments will be able to access City Hall from the Worsley St. entrance off the parking lot, and expect to have that appointment confirmed by a security guard prior to entry. Arrive no more than ten minutes before your appointment, and wear a mask. As of July 13, masks are mandatory in indoor public spaces as per direction from the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit.