A lockdown on Beausoleil First Nation that came into effect on Thursday when Christian Island reported its first positive case of COVID-19 will continue.
As of Saturday, the lockdown will remain for an additional 24 to 48 hours until contact tracing and test results have been received, according to a media release.
As a reminder, the following is still in affect:
• The lockdown is for contact tracing purposes, and if you are involved, you will be contacted by health workers.
• Residents are strongly advised to stay inside their homes, only leave for essential goods at stores in the community
• The ferry will be running on modified schedule as in March 2020 (see attached).
• Essential medical travel only is permitted with prior approval via BFHC
• Food security contact Social Services
Please be very careful and exercise all safety protocols in place. Stay home and travel within the community only when necessary.