Bracebridge OPP say a woman faces charges after contraband was found with suspected intent of it getting inside the Beaver Creek Correctional facility.
On Saturday, Aug. 13, just after 11:00 a.m., provincial police were contacted by staff at Beaver Creek about packages that were located during a routine vehicle search.
OPP attended the correctional facility and assisted their K9 unit.
A 27-year-old from Alliston is up on the following charges:
- Possession of contraband beyond the visitor control point in a penitentiary
- Delivers contraband to, or receives contraband from an inmate
- Possession for the purpose of distributing
- Distribute over 30g of dried cannabis
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000
She will appear in Bracebridge court on Sept. 27.
Images via Bracebridge OPP