With seven years of experience and a good reputation, Innisfil’s Cici Galavis, “The Venezuelan Vixen” is confident she’ll go far in a new wrestling competition.
This summer, she’s competing in “The Wrestling Academy 2022,” the first Pro Wrestling competition of its kind.
It’s headed by “The Mountie”: Jacques Rougeau Jr., a former WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight Champion, and a three-time WWE Tag Team Champion.
Wrestlers from all over Canada fight for the top stop in the elimination-style tournament.
The top prize is $5,000 and a chance to attend “The Nightmare Factory with QT Marshall.”
“The Nightmare Factory” is one of the main sources of young talent for All Elite Wrestling (AEW).
Matches will be streamed online, giving fans a chance to have their say.
Cici says fans have the biggest say in this competition, as guest judges have a 40 per cent vote while the remaining 60 per cent come from fan votes worldwide.
Even though the competition is stiff, Cici says she’s not worried.
“I think my fan base will be my edge,” she says.
“I have wrestled all over Quebec and Ontario. Many wrestlers stay local, but I’ve been all over the place, so people remember me.”
“Plus, I have all my Venezuelan fans; I have a whole country to back me up,” she says, giggling.
Her first match at “The Wrestling Academy” is June 26 in Montreal, and she’s ready.
She explains, “from the day I started wrestling, I never stopped training. I continue training with wrestler Tyson Dux, and it’s so important to keep learning.”
“Going to ‘The Nightmare factory’ means I can continue learning from different coaches and learn their styles.
“There’s always something to learn whether they are new coaches or veterans,” she adds.
For information on matches at the tournament head over to lutteacademie.ca
images by @hollyLphotos – Holly Lengyel