Cineplex has announced that select theatres across Ontario will reopen on Friday, including the south-end Barrie location. Along with the news that the company will reopen some theatres, Cineplex has also announced that tickets will cost just $5.
Cineplex stated that they “will open with enhanced safety and cleaning measuresas well as updated procedures to allow for physical distancing both inside and outside auditoriums,” in a release.
Welcome back, movie lovers! Select locations will be open in Ontario (and all across Canada) this weekend! 😃🍿— Cineplex (@CineplexMovies) July 30, 2020
For more info on how we’re keeping you safe during your visit, click here: https://t.co/DmyOwqbFWH pic.twitter.com/B2RZ1CejH4
Here’s a look at some of the safety measures that will be unveiled in the reopening:
- Launching reserved seating in all auditoriums across Canada; seating options will be automatically blocked off to ensure proper distance in every direction between guests
- Reducing capacity in all auditoriums to allow for physical distancing
- Enhancing cleaning practices throughout its facilities, with particular focus on high-contact surfaces, restrooms and seats
- Accepting debit and credit payments only, with the exception of gift card purchases
- Limiting food offerings in theatres to Cineplex’s famous popcorn and other core concessions
- Ensuring employees have the personal protective equipment they need
- Making hand sanitizer readily available for guests and employees throughout its buildings
- Keeping VIP Cinemas and the play structures in Clubhouse auditoriums closed for now
- In communities where it is mandated, Cineplex requiring guests to wear masks inside the theatre
To welcome movie-lovers back, Cineplex will be offering $5 tickets and showing popular new releases and summer favourites you may have missed in theatres like Beauty and the Beast, Jaws, Bohemian Rhapsody, The Invisible Man, Bloodshot, Sonic The Hedgehog, My Spy, Jurassic Park, Gravity, and Jumanji: The Next Level.