This is the first of two Clothing Collection weeks in Simcoe County in an effort to keep old clothes and fabric out of landfill sites.
Clothing you don’t want or need anymore can be placed in clear plastic bags and left out for collection this week in Bradford, Essa, Base Borden, Clearview, Collingwood, Wasaga Beach, Tiny, Tay, Midland, and Penetanguishene.
The remainder of the county can do this next week.
This collection does not apply to Barrie and Orillia.
If you already donate used clothing County officials ask that you continue to do so.
• Textiles placed out for collection may be torn, unfashionable, stained, and have buttons missing or broken zippers
• Used clean clothing and undergarments
• Towels and linens (pillows)
• Coats and outerwear
• Hats, belts and scarves
• Purses, backpacks, sleeping bags and luggage
• Shoes, socks and mittens in pairs (wrap with elastic to hold together)
• Damp/ wet items
• Single shoes, socks or mittens
• Dirty items
• Small fabric scraps
banner image via Flickr