The County of Simcoe is scaling back its transit service trips as ridership dwindles.
LINX Transit Service’s hours of operation are being altered, based on riderships, in the hopes of delivering efficient transit options while keeping folks safe during a challenging time.
Starting Monday, April 13th, LINX Transit is making the following adjustments:
- Route 1 – Penetanguishene/Midland to Barrie – frequency of service will be reduced from hourly to every 90 minutes
- Route 2 – Wasaga Beach to Barrie – this service will remain unchanged
- Route 3 – Orillia to Barrie – frequency of service will be reduced to every 100 minutes between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.; service will remain every 50 minutes between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. and between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Route 4 – Wasaga Beach to Collingwood – this service will remain unchanged
- LINX+ (accessible transit) is not affected by these schedule changes
Meanwhile, the County is asking all passengers to follow public health guidelines:
- Keep 2 meters (6 feet) between them and other passengers and the driver
- Remove all personal belongings and waste upon departure
- Sneeze into their elbow and use hand sanitizer and wash hands properly
The County will continue to monitor ridership and make alterations as needed. A reminder that there is no LINX transit service on Good Friday.