The County of Simcoe has closed down a number of services and facilities in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19. Until further notice the following services and facilities are being closed to the public.
· Simcoe County Library Co-operative
· Simcoe County Archives
· Simcoe County Museum
· Tourism Simcoe County Information Kiosk
· County Administration Centre – including the Service Simcoe Desk (phone lines and other means of contact remain open)
· County of Simcoe Landfills and Transfer Stations – closed to the public.
(Industrial, Commercial and Institutional customers who have no alternative disposal options are encouraged to contact Service Simcoe at email@example.com or 1-800-263-3199)
· All County events and gatherings, including in-person Council and Committees are cancelled for March and into April.
The County is maintaining key essential services with some restrictions, including:
· County of Simcoe Paramedic Services
· Long Term Care and Seniors Services – with access to these facilities restricted to staff and essential visitors only
· Curbside Waste Collections
· LINX Transit
· Children Services appointments will be done by phone only
· Social and Affordable Housing enquiries will be done by phone and online only
· Ontario Works Offices will remain open to the public at this time, but appointments will be done by phone only.
For more information on the status of County services, residents can visit simcoe.ca, or call 1-800-263-3199 or 705-726-9300. For health-related information, go to simcoemuskokahealth.org, or call the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit directly.