Dryer Lint Does Seventy-Five Grand in Damage in Angus

No Injuries Following Evening House Fire

Dryer lint gets the blame for a fire that damaged an Angus home.

Essa Fire crews were called to Truax Crescent Wednesday evening with reports of a fire there. Fire crews knocked down the flame, while there were no injuries reported.

Deputy Fire Chief Doug Burgin tells Barrie 360 lint in a dryer vent exhaust ignited the fire, causing about $75,000 in damage.

Meanwhile, an electrical issue may be the cause of a fire in Essa Township Sunday evening; the County Road 21 blaze caused an estimated $150,000 in damage to the structure.