Garage And Dryer Fire This Morning In Barrie

A reminder about safety precautions with space heaters and dryer vents

It was a busy morning for Barrie fire crews.

They responded to a garage fire on Shadowood Road in Barrie. They say it was caused by combustibles being too close to the space heater.

Crews were also called to Ferndale Drive for a dryer fire. It was quickly extinguished. They’re reminding everyone about dryer safety. Make sure there isn’t anything blocking the outside exhaust vent and clean the dryer vent pipe at least once a year.