Select retailers at Barrie’s Georgian Mall have reopened as the shopping centre’s parent company says it is day-to-day.
The mall building has reopened and is operating at its regular business hours, following after strict health and safety guidelines were put in place by its parent company, RioCan. The company says it is taking appropriate steps to protect shoppers, tenants, and employees as more and more of sections of the mall reopen.
Both the Shopper’s Drug Mart and Showcase stores have opened to the public, accessible via mall Entrance #3. Pearle Vision and Georgian Mall Family Dental are accessible by appointment only, while curbside pickup is being offered by Hudson’s Bay and Jump Plus. There are exterior entrances to Bank of Montreal, Sport Chek, and Sunset Grill. In all cases, everyone must adhere to physical distancing guidelines while making use of these services.
Meanwhile, RioCan says it continues to take the following steps to protect the health of customers and employees:
- Prominent signage and markers to enforce respectful physical distancing in all spaces
- Increased cleaning of frequent touchpoints, such as entrance door handles, and washroom fixtures
- Increased number of hand sanitizer units for guests and employees
- Common seating areas such as food court tables and chairs have been removed or access has been restricted
- Certain shopping centre services, such as strollers, typically provided by our Guest Services teams have been eliminated
- Ongoing communication with all tenants and employees advising them of our protocols, policies and recommended practices to keep them safe and prevent virus transmission
- All scheduled events and programming are cancelled until further notice
“This is a highly dynamic situation,” reads a statement from RioCan. “As the COVID-19 situation evolves, RioCan remains committed to implementing appropriate actions and providing updates to guests, tenants, and employees as they become available.”