The Health Unit says it is not too late to get your Hep A shot, following the announcement of a possible contamination at a local eatery.
Officials held a spate of emergency Hepatitis A immunization clinics Friday, and all weekend, for people who had eaten at State and Main in north Barrie at key dates and times, after it was revealed an employee of the restaurant had been infected with the virus.
The Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit says today if you missed the weekend clinics, you can call and book an appointment to get the shot.
Did you miss our Hep A clinics over the weekend? It’s not too late to get your immunization. Pls give us a call to book your appointment at 705-721-7520 (1-877-721-7520) ext. 5829. More info here: https://t.co/kJ9FBVxkcl pic.twitter.com/ljc0Tsgzvt— SMDHU (@SMDhealthunit) July 23, 2019
Those who ate at State and Main on the following dates, and haven’t been vaccinated previously, should reach out to the health unit or a family medical practitioner:
- Friday, June 21, 5 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Thursday, June 27, 4:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 28, 10:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 29, 4:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 4, 5:30 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
- Friday, July 5, 6:30 p.m. – midnight
- Wednesday, July 10, 3:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 11, 4:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.