House fire in Angus early Saturday started on back deck

Parents and two children got out of the home safely

Damage is pegged at $800,000 in a house fire early Saturday on Gold Park Gate in Angus.

Essa Fire Department was called around 1:30 this morning about a fire that started on the deck of a residence.

The parents and two children got out safely.

Fire Chief Cynthia Ross Tustin said the blaze is not considered suspicious and a cause may never be determined due to the extensive damage.

She does credit the family with getting out of the home first before calling 911 and then gathering to meet fire crews on the front lawn.