House fire in Elmvale, two people treated for smoke inhalation

Air fryer left on stove sparked flames, says Springwater Fire

Springwater Township fire crews battled a blaze at a home on Nash Avenue in Elmvale Saturday evening that Deputy Chief Jeff French tells Barrie 360 started as a result of an air fryer sitting on top of the stove.

There were four people in the residence at the time and two of them were treated for minor smoke inhalation.

The occupants have been displaced for now due to extensive smoke that filled the house.

Damage is pegged at $75,000.