Fifteen charitable groups in the county will share the $65,000 raised at the 2018 Mayor’s Charity Golf Tournament and Dinner held in July at the Brooklea Golf and Country Club.
Cheques were handed out September 24 to the following groups:
- Angels with Backpacks
- Georgian Bay General Hospital Foundation
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Simcoe
- Hospice Huronia
- Boys and Girls Club of North Simcoe
- Huronia Seniors’ Volunteer Care Team
- Community Reach
- MTM Conservation Association
- Crime Stoppers of Simcoe-Dufferin-Muskoka
- Scientists in School
- Georgian Bay Cancer Support Centre
- Township of Tiny Bursary Program
- Elmvale District High School Shared Facility Project
- We Are The Villagers
- Wendat Community Programs
The Township exceeded its fundraising goal and, as a result, each charitable recipient was pleased to receive an additional $500.
Mayor George Cornell, recognized the organizing committee, volunteers and staff for coordinating this successful event and thanked the many generous sponsors and participants for helping to support the 15 local charities that provide vital services to our community.
Click here to watch the cheque presentations.