
Provincial police are seeking help from the public in identifying a group of men who were seen on a viral video shooting guns off a bridge in Mactier.
Earlier this week, Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) said they were investigating video footage that surfaced online showing a group of people firing shots into the air.
A video follow-up to Bracebridge OPP’s earlier statement.
— OPP Central Region (@OPP_CR) August 30, 2025
We’re aware. We’re investigating.
Careless firearm use endangers lives. Bracebridge OPP continues to actively investigate and monitor the area to ensure public safety.
Do you recognize these individuals or have… pic.twitter.com/pImcz0hTqn
"Many of you have seen the videos circulating on social media, showing individuals discharging firearms in a careless and unsafe manner. We have as well, and we've been investigating for some time," OPP said in a social media update on Saturday. "These actions pose serious risks to the safety of everyone nearby."
There is no timeline as to when the videos were made.
The gunplay has been condemned by area politicians.
"I share the residents of MacTier and Georgian Bay Township's concerns regarding the irresponsible and dangerous discharge of firearms on Crown land. This reckless behaviour threatens public safety and will not be tolerated," Graydon Smith, Parry Sound-Muskoka MPP, said in a statement on Aug 28.
On the same day, Parry Sound-Muskoka MP Scott Aitchison stated in a news release that "public safety comes first and behaviour like this is unacceptable."
Police say that anyone with information or who can identify the individuals in the videos is asked to contact Bracebridge OPP or Crime Stoppers.