OPP say a search for a male with a weapon who fled a domestic incident in Midland ended in his arrest – thanks to assistance from the public.
On Friday at 8:00 p.m., Southern Georgian Bay OPP responded to a residence on the east side of town.
Officers investigating an assault allegation say they learned that the male suspect fled the residence and was believed to be carrying a rifle-style weapon.
Police were assisted in the search by the canine unit, emergency response team, and the tactics and rescue unit.
At 11:15 p.m., after receiving information from the public, they located and arrested the suspect on Elizabeth Street. OPP say a knapsack was located nearby the male and contained the weapon and a quantity of controlled substances.
The 37-year-old, of no fixed address, faces the following charges:
- Assault – Spousal
- Utter Threats to Cause Death or Bodily Harm
- Forcible Confinement
- Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose x 2
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance – Cocaine
- Fail to Comply with Undertaking x 2
- Fail to Comply with a Probation Order
He was held for a bail hearing on Saturday.
Banner image – file photo – Barrie 360