Nearly $1000 in fines handed to Huntsville landlord accused of failing to install alarms

Inspectors say some units in a rental property were lacking smoke and carbon monoxide alarms

A landlord in Huntsville is facing a hefty fine after an inspection revealed a lack of smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.

The Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department inspected a Main Street property on February 25. The fire department says inspectors found no smoke or carbon monoxide alarms in some units, despite being required by law.

The landlord has been fined $955 for failing to install smoke and carbon monoxide alarms where required, under the Fire Protection and Prevention Act.

Tweet
Share
Share
Pin