Provincial police seized fentanyl and charged two people with drug trafficking and possession offences following a traffic stop in Collingwood.
On Saturday morning, OPP say they initiated the traffic investigation on Third Street, and as a result, the driver was arrested and found to be in possession of fentanyl.
Police say the passenger was at large on previous releases for drug and weapon charges, and was wanted on outstanding arrest warrants. She was found to be in violation of her bail conditions, as well as in possession of fentanyl, methamphetamine, and cannabis.
A 32-year-old Collingwood man has been charged with:
- Possession of a schedule 1 substance (x2)
While a 29-year-old Collingwood woman faces the following:
- Possession of a schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking (x2)
- Possession of property obtained by crime
- Possession of proceeds of crime
- Fail to comply with a bail condition
- Fail to attend court (x2)
- Possession of marijuana for the purpose of trafficking
The accused will appear in Collingwood court on a future date.
Banner image via Collingwood OPP