OPP in Orillia say a suspect in a bank robbery has been arrested.
On July 6, a man entered a CIBC branch on Laclie Street with an apparent firearm and demanded cash from the teller. The suspect was given a quantity of money and he fled. There were no injuries.
Orillia OPP say through an investigation and co-operation with their counterparts at Nottawasaga OPP, Barrie Police, York Regional Police, the provincial ROPE squad (Repeat Offender Parole Enforcement) and Quebec City Police, a suspect was nabbed.
The 54-year-old from Quebec has been charged with:
· Robbery using firearm – two counts
· Disguise with intent – two counts
· Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition – two counts
· Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
· Possession of rohibited device