Residents safe after fire erupts at Barrie home

Fire officials say damage is estimated at $300,000

Residents, including pets, are safe after a fire ignited at a home on Charlbrook Avenue in Barrie Saturday evening.

Just after 9:30 p.m., Barrie Fire and Emergency Services (BFES) told Barrie 360 they received multiple calls about the blaze.

They say the main level of the house was fully engulfed in flames on arrival. 

Fire officials say three people safely evacuated with their pets, and there were no injuries. 

Damage is estimated at $300,000.

They say the cause of the fire was accidental.

“BFES would like to remind everyone that only working smoke/carbon monoxide alarms will alert you to emergency conditions early in order to safely evacuate,” officials added.

Banner image via Michael Chorney / At the Scene Photography