Snooze you lose for a guy in Wasaga Beach
OPP were alerted about a suspicious vehicle
A 37-year-old Niagara Falls man is up on numerous firearms charges and other offences after OPP were alerted early Monday about a suspicious vehicle on River Road West in Wasaga Beach.
Police found the car, and a man sleeping in the driver’s seat.
It wasn’t the wake-up call he was expecting.
Police investigated and laid the following charges:
· Trespassing at Night
· Possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
· Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition
· Possession of a Firearm knowing Serial Number has been Tampered With
· Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
· Breach of Recognizance
· Failure to comply with undertaking
The accused had a bail hearing and was remanded in custody. He will appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Barrie this week.