WATCHES & WARNINGS
- Barrie – Collingwood – Hillsdale
- Midland – Coldwater – Orr Lake
- Orillia – Lagoon City – Washago
- Innisfil – New Tecumseth – Angus
- Dufferin – Grey
- Newmarket – Georgina – Northern York Region
- Uxbridge – Beaverton – Northern Durham Region
An early taste of winter this morning.
Brisk northwest winds continue to usher in scattered flurries off of Lake Huron and Georgian Bay this morning. The flurries will be mixed with showers immediately along the shorelines of the lakes.
In areas further inland and over higher ground such as the Dundalk Highlands, temperatures are cold enough for snow to accumulate on the ground. Local snowfall amounts of 2 to 5 cm having been observed last night.
Some folks will wake up to the first white winter wonderland scene of the season this morning.
Motorists are advised to expect winter driving conditions. Visibility may be briefly reduced in heavier flurries, and roads in some areas may be subject to some slushy accumulation.
A high-pressure ridge moving in is expected to cut off the lake effect precipitation around the noon hour.
CLOSURES & CANCELLATIONS
- The Barrie-Innisfil elementary school regional football tournament scheduled for Wed. Oct. 17 has been postponed until Fri. Oct. 19. The location remains the same.