Suspended, impaired driver nabbed doing more than 2x the speed limit on Highway 11, according to OPP
A Barrie man is facing numerous charges
A long list of charges for a Barrie man after Orillia OPP pulled over a driver for speeding and stunt driving on Highway 11 in Oro-Medonte.
On Friday night, provincial police say a vehicle was clocked allegedly travelling 186 km/hr in a 90 km/hr zone.
They say he appeared to be impaired and was arrested and taken to the police station for further investigation.
The charges began to add up for the 26-year-old, as police noted the motorist was a suspended driver and had open liquor in the vehicle.
The accused was charged with the following offences:
· Operation while Impaired – alcohol and drugs
· Operation while Impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
· Drive motor vehicle – Perform stunt – Excessive speed (HTA)
· Driving while under suspension (HTA)
· Driving motor vehicle with open container of liquor (LLCA,2019)
The man’s license was suspended for 90 days and his vehicle was impounded for 14 days.
He has a court date in April.