Tiny Township has launched a series of modified summer programs it calls Camp in a Box.
They are interactive programs participants can take advantage of from their homes.
“Camp in a Box is designed to help bring the magic of camp into your home. Eight weekly themed boxes have been developed and contain different craft, dance, sport, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), and nature-based activities, along with specialty items, craft materials and written instructions.”
Each week, camp staff will post interactive videos to the Tiny Recreation YouTube channel to play games, sing songs, and offer ‘how-to’ clips in their usual warm and amusing ways.
Each box will cost $50.00 (HST included) and is prepared for one participant aged 4 to 12.
Weekly themes for the Camp in a Box program are as follows:
- July 6 Underwater: “Whale-come to camp”
- July 13 All things Science: “Up and atom! We’ve got energy to burn”
- July 20 From the Garden: “It’s party THYME”
- July 27 All things Sports: “Home runs, hat-tricks, and three-pointers”
- August 3 In the Jungle: “We don’t have time to be lion around!”
- August 10 All things Superhero: “It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s… Superman!”
- August 17 Out in Space: “Fly me to the moon…”
- August 24 All things Summer: “We are fluent in ‘smore’s code’!”
A limited amount of Specialty Boxes will be released throughout the summer, focusing on specific themes, and will deliver activities the whole family can enjoy.
Limited-Edition Specialty Box themes are as follows:
- Birthday in a Box $100.00 (HST included) Available starting July 6
- “Minute to Win It” in a Box $50.00 (HST included) Available starting July 13
- Beach in a Box $60.00 (HST included) Available starting July 20
- Tiny Trails in a Box $50.00 (HST included) Available starting July 27
Registration and Payment
In an effort to help parents and families, the Township of Tiny is offering registration for summer recreational programming with no upfront charge or administrative fees.
Customers will be able to register for programs and will not be required to pay for their registrations until two weeks prior to the start of the program.
Registration dates for summer programming are as follows:
- Registration date for Tiny taxpayers: Monday, June 22 at 12:00 p.m. (noon)
- Registration date for non-Tiny taxpayers Monday, June 29 at 12:00 p.m. (noon)
The Tiny Online Portal (www.tiny.ca/onlineportal) will accept all Visa and Mastercard credit cards, as well as Visa and Mastercard debit cards. Payment will be automatically charged two weeks prior to the start date of the program.
If you prefer to register and pay using another method of payment,
contact Jaelen Josiah, Recreation Administrative Coordinator by emailing
email@example.com or calling 705-526-4204 ext. 288.