Collingwood’s public transit system is going under the microscope.
A consultant has been hired to assist with the process, as part of the 2021 budget.
With a goal to help improve Collingwood’s transit/rider experience and provide a sustainable transportation alternative within the community, the study will complete the following tasks:
- Review the current routes and structure and identify opportunities for service efficiencies and expansion;
- Evaluate the service delivery methods; and
- Develop a five (5) year growth strategy.
The consultant is currently reviewing the existing system and analyzing operating costs, ridership trends, and service delivery.
The Town wants public input to better understand the strengths and weaknesses of Collingwood’s public transit system.
You can participate in the study in several different ways:
- Visit the Transit Service Review and Optimization page at Engage.Collingwood.ca;
- Complete the Web Survey to help determine the priorities for the future of transit in Collingwood; and
- Participate in virtual Public Information Centres (PIC).
The Town and its consultant will be hosting the first virtual PIC on February 4, 2021 from 1:00pm-3:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm.
Follow updates on all transit-related developments on Engage.Collingwood.ca. If there are any comments or questions related to transit or the transit study, please email us at TransitStudy@Collingwood.ca.