from Parks Canada
Parks Canada advises that the Trent-Severn Waterway is scheduled to re-open for navigation on Friday, May 28, at 9 a.m.
As part of Parks Canada’s ongoing effort to combat COVID-19 and in the interests of the health and safety of all Canadians, visitors, and Parks Canada team members, all visitors (boaters and land-based) are required to adhere to the following while visiting our sites:
- Lockage: Boaters are expected to be in full care and control of their vessels and to maintain 2 meters distance from staff and other boaters at all times during lockage. Mask use is mandatory within 2 metres of staff or visitors. Boaters requiring assistance with lockage must identify their concerns to lock staff prior to entering the chamber. Boaters must at all times follow instructions from lock staff who are always readily available to ensure a safe and efficient experience for all visitors.
- Mask Mandatory for Service: Mask use is mandatory for visitors in situations where they will be within 2 meters of Parks Canada team members or other visitors, including if they require assistance when locking through. Masks are also required for the use of washrooms at lock stations and during sales transactions.
- Maintain Social Distancing: Visitors must respect the safety of others at all times by maintaining their distance from other visitors and Parks Canada team members. Please respect the roped-off areas on the lock walls that provide a safe working space for our staff.
- No Large Gatherings: Gatherings that are not consistent with provincial COVID-19 restrictions are prohibited on Parks Canada lands along the Trent-Severn Waterway.
- Use Cashless Payment: For the purchase of permits, please use cashless payment whenever possible.
Also, please be advised that operation of the Peterborough Lift Lock will be available on a modified basis starting on May 28, 2021, with an anticipated return to full operation by the end of June 2021. In order to transit as many vessels per day as possible, lockages will scheduled, allowing for one complete transfer up and down per day. Boaters will be asked to disembark their vessels while the transfer is underway.
Boaters wishing additional information to aid with trip planning can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the most up-to-date information regarding our facilities and services, please visit us online at www.pc.gc.ca/trent or follow us on social media @TrentSevernNHS
banner image via Parks Canada