The Barrie Colts have suspended team activities as a result of COVID-19 protocols affecting the club.
According the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), the next five Barrie Colts regular season games have been postponed.
- Tuesday, December 28 – Barrie Colts at Owen Sound Attack
- Thursday, December 30 – Barrie Colts at Peterborough Petes
- Friday, December 31 – Hamilton Bulldogs at Barrie Colts
- Wednesday, January 5 – Barrie Colts at Owen Sound Attack
- Saturday, January 8 – North Bay Battalion at Barrie Colts
Any tickets purchased for Barrie’s two home games will be honoured for any other regular-season Colts game, the team said in a statement. Ticket holders can come to the Colts office to exchange their tickets or they can exchange their tickets at the east end ticket window on any game night.
Both the OHL and the Barrie Colts said they will not be providing comment at this time.
The five regular season games will be rescheduled at a later date.
The Barrie Colts already had three games this month postponed due to COVID-19 protocols involving the Sudbury Wolves on Dec. 2, 3 and 16.
The next scheduled game for Barrie pending removal of COVID-19 protocols would be Thursday, Dec. 13 at Niagara, and the next home game would be Saturday, Jan. 15 against North Bay.