Four streets in Barrie have made this year’s CAA top five worst roads in Central Region, as voted on by drivers – Duckworth Street, Huronia Road, Essa Road, and Tiffin Street.
But none is the worst in our region. That dishonour goes to Laclie Street in Orillia, which got enough votes to put it in the top ten across Ontario at number six.
Work on Duckworth, Tiffin, and Essa is either underway or about to begin. Plans are in the works for Huronia Road.
“The 2023 CAA Worst Roads campaign provides a valuable snapshot of the roads that the public perceives as pain points,” said Teresa Di Felice, assistant vice president for CAA South Central Ontario. “For 20 years, this campaign has served as a powerful advocacy tool, initiating dialogues with decision-makers and driving positive change for safer roads across Ontario.”
Ontario’s Top 10 Worst Roads for 2023
- Barton Street East, Hamilton
- Eglinton Avenue West, Toronto
- County Road 49, Prince Edward County
- Carling Avenue, Ottawa
- Finch Avenue West, Toronto
- Laclie Street, Orillia
- Steeles Avenue East, Toronto
- Aberdeen Avenue, Hamilton
- Lakeshore Boulevard East, Toronto
- Hurontario Street, Mississauga
Worst Roads by Region
- Central— Laclie Street, Orillia
- Eastern— County Road 49, Prince Edward County
- Halton-Peel-York-Durham— Hurontario Street, Mississauga
- Niagara— Portage Road, Niagara Falls
- North— Algonquin Boulevard East, Timmins
- Southwest— Lauzon Parkway, Windsor
- Western— York Road, Guelph
- Ottawa— Carling Avenue, Ottawa