No such thing as a routine traffic stop.
Barrie police pulled over a vehicle in the area of Essa Road and Highway 400 on Tuesday and officers noticed a marijuana cigarette on the lap of the driver. During the investigation, police determined the motorist was a suspended driver, and he was arrested without incident.
Police say a search of the vehicle turned up a loaded handgun, cocaine, fentanyl, crystal meth, marijuana, and stolen licence plates.
Charges against a 28-year-old from Brampton include:
- Unauthorised Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there is a firearm
- Possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm/ammunition
- Knowledge of unauthorised possession of firearm
- Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition
- Possession of firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order
- Careless storage of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition
- 3 counts – Possession Schedule I Substance
- 3 counts – Possession Schedule I Substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession Property obtained by crime
- Driving While Under Suspension
- Having care or control of vehicle with cannabis readily available
The suspect was held in custody pending a bail hearing.