The following municipalities have announced the status of boat launches in their communities this weekend.
Barrie – Tiffin Street – reopens Saturday with the following guidelines:
- only boat with members of your household, no guests onboard
- ensure a physical distance of at least two metres from people outside your household when using the launch
- keep your distance on the water – don’t raft
Innisfil – Innisfil Beach Park with the following guidelines:
- Only Innisfil residents who have the 2019 or 2020 Resident Parking Permit (residents cannot pick up 2020 permits at the moment given the closure of Town facilities) or proof of Innisfil residency (e.g. driver’s licence, utility bill, or other piece of valid identification with Innisfil address) can use the boat launch
- Boaters entering the launch area will be required to follow the direction of Innisfil Park Staff and respect physical distancing
- Boaters will need to pre-book their entry and exit spots online at www.Innisfil.ca/BoatBooking. This section also features answers to commonly asked questions and other information
- Residents can also book their times by calling the Town of Innisfil during normal business hours at 705-436-3710
- Access and use of the Innisfil Beach Park boat launch will only be between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m
Orillia – Couchiching Beach boat launch and the Collins Drive boat launch will reopen Saturday:
- users must practice physical distancing of at least two metres (six feet) and only boat with members of their immediate household
- The Port of Orillia remains closed until at least May 31
Penetanguishene – boat launch and wharf will NOT reopen this weekend
Severn Township – all public boat launches and docks reopen Saturday
Midland- boat launch at Peter Pettersen park reopens Saturday. Town Dock open for seasonal boaters, however the following amenities at Midland Harbour will remain closed/unavailable until proper safety and operating protocols can be established:
• Marina services;
• Harbour washrooms and showers;
• Visitor Information Centre; and
• Waste and recycling disposal bins will not be available. Visitors will be required to take their waste and recycling with them.
Oro-Medonte- boat launches to remain closed until Tuesday, May 19 to prepare for reopening.
Victoria Harbour- boat launched closed. Goal is to open next weekend.
feature image – Coldwater Dock via Township of Severn