A warning from the Thunder Bay Fire and Rescue Service, after a mattress was burnt to a crisp.
Nothing was left but the springs, after the Fire Service says a tablet was left charging on a bed. Very dangerous, says the service, as heat can build up and have no where to dissipate, charger heats up further, and in this case, ignited the mattress.
Pictured below: a mattress destroyed from a tablet catching fire while charging on a bed. This is very dangerous cause the heat build up when charging cannot dissipate causing the charger to become hot!! Luckily no one was injured.— Thunder Bay Fire Rescue (@TbayFireRescue) July 23, 2019
Please check where you charge your device! pic.twitter.com/XK62aJEQRX
No one was hurt, but you are reminded to be aware of where you’re plugging your stuff in to charge.