Collision on Hwy 11 in Oro-Medonte leads weapon and drug charges
A Timmins man is facing more than a dozen charges
A much bigger prize for Orillia OPP on Thursday morning when they responded just before 10:30 to a collision on Highway 11 northbound in the area of Line 9 in Oro-Medonte.
Police say officers seized drugs and a firearm, including cocaine, fentanyl, methamphetamine and multiple prescription medications, as well as cash and a cell phone.
A 40-year-old man from Timmins was charged with the following:
· Dangerous Operation
· Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5,000
· Possession of loaded prohibited firearm
· Carry firearm in a careless manner
· Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
· Possession of weapon for a dangerous purpose
· Carry concealed prohibited device
· Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
· Possession of Schedule I substance – Cocaine
· Possession of Schedule I substance – Opioid – Two counts
· Possession of Schedule I substance – Methamphetamine
· Possession of Schedule IV substance for purpose of trafficking – Two counts
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Orillia on Friday.