Charges laid against a construction company regarding a crash on McKay Road that killed six young adults last year have been dropped.
On Monday morning, the Crown told the court there was no reasonable prospect of a conviction against Condrain Group.
Early this year, Condrain was charged with six counts of criminal negligence causing death.
On August. 28, 2022, police were involved in a missing persons case when they located a crash scene on McKay Road, east of County Road 27.
Police determined a car with six occupants plunged into a deep pit at a construction site.
Investigators said the group was on their way to a nearby casino around 6 a.m. when the crash happened on August 27, 2022.
The victims of the crash, River Wells, Jason Ono-O’Connor, Jersey Mitchell, Luke West, Curtis King and Haley Marin, were all in their early 20s.
In a news release on August. 28, 2022, the City of Barrie said the area where the six people died was the site of a city construction project and the intersection had been closed since the spring.
– with files from Barrie 360
Banner image – file photo – Barrie 360