Dryer may be to blame for house fire in Huntsville

Flames spread to roof and attic areas

Fingers are pointing toward a dryer as the cause of a house fire late Thursday afternoon in Huntsville.

Huntsville/Lake of Bays firefighters were called to the home on East Elliott Street at 5:30 pm. They were greeted by heavy smoke and fire at the rear of the structure that had spread into the roof and attic areas.

They took control of the flames quickly but the damage is still extensive.

Two people inside the home were able to escape safely.

banner image via Huntsville/Lake of bays Fire Service