Electrical issue sparks garage fire on Sunday in Adjala-Tosorontio

Fire crews kept flames from extending into the home

Four adults got a wake up call from a central vacuum in the attached garage that started, alerting them to a fire at a home on Drummond Street in Adjala-Tosorontio early Sunday.

Picture: Twitter (Adjala-Tosorontio Fire Service)

The adults were able to get out of residence safely.

Picture: Twitter (Adjala-Tosorontio Fire Service)

Fire Chief John Krayetski told Barrie 360 crews were able to contain the fire to the garage and prevent the flames from extending into the home.

The cause of the fire has determined to be electrical.

Damage is about $150,000.

Banner picture provided: Twitter (Adjala-Tosorontio Fire Service)