The Town of Bradford-West Gwillimbury will seek Heritage Designation for Earl Rowe House at Line 10 and Highway 27 in Newton Robinson.
The Honourable William Earl Rowe – who served as Ontario’s Lieutenant-Governor from 1963 to 1984 – owned the property from 1917 to 1984.
The property includes a farmhouse, barn and the remnants of a harness racing track. Rowe ran a successful horse breeding and harness racing business.
The current owner has expressed a desire to demolish the house and other structures.
Town staff have been directed to work with the owner on the matter.