News release – Town of Innisfil
To help prepare residents for the upcoming Municipal and School Board Election, the Town of Innisfil’s elections team will be hosting pop-up Election Help Centres at various locations throughout the municipality.
Election Help Centres will be available from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on:
- Saturday, October 15 at the South Innisfil Community Centre (upstairs banquet hall), 1354 Killarney Beach Road
- Monday, October 17 at the Wheel Community Centre in Sandycove, 2 Weeping Willow Drive
- Tuesday, October 18 at the Cookstown Community Hall/Library, 20 Church Street
- Wednesday, October 19 at the Innisfil ideaLAB & Library (Stroud branch), 7883 Yonge Street
- Friday, October 21 at the Lake Club in Friday Harbour, Sunseeker Avenue
Voting in Innisfil’s 2022 municipal election will be done online or by phone.
Residents will have received a voter information letter in the mail that contains an individual voter pin number and instructions for voting.
The ten-day voting period will start on Friday, October 14, 2022, at 10 a.m. and will be open until Monday, October 24, 2022, at 8 p.m.
By law, you can only vote once in the same municipality, regardless of how many properties you own or voter information letters that you receive. If you receive any additional letters, please write ‘return to sender’ on the envelope and send it back or drop it off at Town Hall.
Residents are encouraged to visit a help centre if they need access to an electronic device, did not receive a voter information letter in the mail, or require changes to their voting information.
More information about Innisfil’s upcoming election, including a list of certified candidates, can be found at www.innisfil.ca/election.
Banner image – file photo – Barrie 360