Several maintenance projects on Barrie GO Transit lines this weekend mean buses are being opted for while trains are out of service.
When you get on the GO from Barrie Saturday or Sunday, it’ll be a bus taking you down to the GTA instead. GO Transit offers the following information for riders:
Buses will not stop at all GO stations during this service adjustment:
Buses will not stop at Downsview Park GO. If you are travelling to and from Downsview Park GO and Union Station, you can take the TTC’s Line 1. If you are travelling from King City GO, Rutherford or Maple GO stations to Downsview Park, visit Triplinx.ca for alternative GO or York Region Transit bus options.
Southbound replacement buses will serve the following routes:
- Allandale Waterfront GO to Barrie South GO, then express to Union Station
- East Gwillimbury GO to Newmarket GO to Aurora GO, then express to Union Station
- King City GO to Maple GO to Rutherford GO, then express to Union Station
Northbound replacement buses will serve the following routes:
- Union Station express to Rutherford GO then Maple GO and King City GO
- Union Station express to Aurora GO, with transfers northbound
- Union Station express to Aurora GO then Newmarket GO and East Gwillimbury GO, with transfers northbound
- Union Station express to Barrie South GO then Allandale Waterfront GO
- Northbound buses serving Rutherford GO then Maple GO and King City GO stations will not continue north. You can board at Union Station or Aurora to travel north of Aurora.
When using a PRESTO card:
- If you have a default trip, then please tap when boarding the bus.
- If you do not have a default trip set up, tap on the bus and off at your final destination.