More choices for Barrie and Innisfil residents who want to get the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
Barrie Innisfil MPP Andrea Khanjin said on Monday that seven more pharmacies will be offering the shot to individuals aged 55 and older throughout this week. Between both Barrie and Innisfil, there are now 16 pharmacies providing vaccinations.
“With the variants of concern increasing COVID numbers daily and the ICUs filling up across Ontario and even here locally at the RVH, we are in a race against the clock to get people vaccinated,” said Khanjin.
“At RVH, ICUs have filled up and we have started using the Cardiac Care Unit for COVID patients. The importance of increasing our capacity to administer vaccines is essential, which is why over the last week, we have secured an additional 7 pharmacies to administer the vaccine. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and this is a key step towards that.”
Until there are enough vaccines so that the majority of Ontarians can be vaccinated it remains critical for everyone to continue following public health measures, we know work and keep us safe.
- Costco Pharmacy – 41 Mapleview Dr. E.
- Drugstore Pharmacy – 620 Yonge St.
- Loblaw Pharmacy – 472 Bayfield St.
- Purehealth Pharmacy – 201 Georgian Dr.
- Rexall Pharma Plus – 567 Essa Rd.
- Shoppers Drug Mart – 420 Essa Rd., 165 Wellington St. W.
- Springwater Pharmacy – 1017 Carson Rd.
- Shoppers Drug Mart – 524 Bayfield St. N.
- Wal-Mart Pharmacy – 450 Bayfield St.
- Pharma Plus – 29-320 Bayfield St.
- Pharma Plus – 353 Duckworth St.
- Shoppers Drug Mart – C-2 509 Bayfield St.
- Prohealth Pharmacy – 5-480 Mapleton Ave.
- Alcona Pharmacy – 1070 Innisfil Beach Road Unit 14
- Rexall Pharma Plus – 7975 Yonge St.
- Sandy Cove Drug Store – 3-902 Lockhart Rd
To find the nearest pharmacy offering vaccinations please visit: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations.